Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - SLC Area to Snowbasin Carpool Thread 12/13 Season
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 03:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
killclimbz
Veteran Member

It was definitely a Saturday.

I70 is fine for what it is, but the fact is during peak times there are just too many people using it. Weather closures are pretty rare actually. CDOT is pretty great at keeping the road open.

They are expanding the East Bound Idaho Springs Tunnel by one lane all the way to Floyd Hill. I believe the third lane is to start a mile before the tunnel. All of the problems on 70 basically start where the lanes condense from three to two, and they end when goes from two to three. The traffic is actually worse in Summer if you can believe that.

A rail line would be great. I know there is yet another push for the Winter Olympics to be held here. Which I am not really for. Though if they do it, I70 will have to be dealt with or it won't be pulled off. So in that regard, maybe it should happen. The metro highways were vastly improved for the SLC Olympics. A fully widened I70 and rail solution would be awesome.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote