Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Rodeo - Contact Pro - Malavita
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 05:53 PM   #42 (permalink)
henry06x

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
Have you ridden any other plastic bindings in the memorable past? I see you just mentioning the Rides. Interested to hear how u like the plastic vs metal or if u notice it.
I have never ridden any for a prolonged period of time. Just while switching up boards with friends and rentals years ago when I first learned to ride. So I haven't ridden them long enough to really know the Benefits of each. Also most of the ones I tried we're cheaper models and the just felt cheaper. That's one reason I want to get something other than ride. Personally I like the idea of metal over plastic. To me metal looks better and gives me a more secure feel metal tends to be stronger than plastic. I really want to get some days riding a good plastic set so I can get a broader view of products.
Edit:
To put it in perspective
I started out riding rental Rossignal bindings. They were decent from what I can remember, but super heavy. First setup was k2 clicker way back in 03 then I soon realized step-ins are garbage and traded a friend something for some early 2000 liquid boots and bindings. Those were complete shit so the next year I bought ride LX's they were the best bindings I had road to that point so I road them for a year. Next year got the EX and they were better and the fallowing I got the delta movement. Had the deltas from 2008 until early last year. While I had my deltas I tried burton customs I thought were okay but liked my delta's better. Then I tried friends burton free style that outside the liquids and stepins were the cheapest prices of shit I've ever touched. I also tried out a set of flow flite 2 and I did like the flows quite a bit even tho they were a cheaper pair because of the ease of them and they were rather comfy. Only problem was they felt just a little looser than I was comfortable with. They fixed that with the NX2 so I will be looking into those next year when I can get a last year model. So I got another set of rides (capo) since I knew what to expect last year. I did have a friend buy some K2 something I forget what ones and I do like them outside of the bright ass colors. That's partially what made me want to try some other brands again, but just not the cheap models.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie09 View Post
I would've probably taken Cartels or Malavitas or Rodeos over the Cobrashark. The only thing that might sway me to the cobrashark is if it was a lot cheaper.
I have not actually got anything yet, but that was what I was leaning towards most. I want something not ride and that has more of a contrast to my Capo. And they are about $50 cheaper.

Academy Propaganda rev - Rome 390 Boss
New for 14-15
Yes the Basic - Now IPO

Last edited by henry06x; 10-15-2012 at 06:32 PM.
henry06x is offline   Reply With Quote