Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Your Snowboard Vehicle.
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #1043 (permalink)
ComeBack_Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by binarypie View Post
To make another point. I don't care what you drive. I will stop and pull you out if my Jeep and/or winch can handle it.

I've missed an avi gate because I stopped to pull a FJ and a STI out of the ditch on 88.

I will gladly add a shitty drive on 50 and a possible night in south lake to my drive if it means getting someone out of trouble and making sure they don't spend the night freezing in a car.
to you, that's the right attitude. When I lived in SLT, I would always tow people out of ditches or embankments just because it felt like the right thing to do. I even let some college kids crash at my house one night when they flipped their car on it's side near my house during a big snow storm and they couldn't get a tow truck to come out until the next morning.

Still, it was always annoying when I had to help people because their vehicles were clearly not capable of handling the conditions. Be it a front-wheel drive Camry with poorly-attached snow chains, or the (VERY common) SUV on summer tires, it never ceases to amaze just how invincible drivers think they are, no matter the weather and road conditions.
ComeBack_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote