Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Goat or Rice ?
Thread: Goat or Rice ?
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 08:47 PM   #21 (permalink)
BFBF

I have a BG from a few years ago -10' I think 162
I've had a few trices over the years. 161.5- a camber and a C2
Own first generation diodes that were samples.

quick breakdown off the top of my head without looking at any tech:

- The BG is faster from Edge to edge as the TRICE is almost a ww wide and at times felt sluggish with my 9.5 boot.

- Bases are both decent speed wise but nothing special( IMO burton's WFO base is the fastest base on flat areas on the planet + holds wax better than libs)

- The mTx has been toned down on the TRICE over the years and is much less aggressive.. The BG mtx is even more mellow and barely noticeable.- both hold a great edge with the TRICE being more aggressive.

- Flex wise, the BG is a tad stiffer - TRICE is a twin flex/shape with centered stance and BG is Directional twin with a setback stance--- they are considered mid/stiff for boards these days, but both can be pressed. They feel like noodles compared to my Rossi Experience.

- BG is not super stiff torsionally. Can't remember the TRICE as I sold it.

- TRICE is poppier.

- Both are pretty stable at speed(as stable as c2 can be- you will feel chatter if you really open up)---

- BG has some dampening tech in it and is smoother/damper than the TRICE. BG really shines off piste in open variable terrain.

- Both do pretty well in deep snow-- I've ridden the BG in a few feet at Wolf creek and it excels.-- Rice is wider so it floats well too.

- To sum it up - I liked them both.
I still own the BG and sold the TRICE because the WW was not working with my boot size. Both boards are solid all mountain/freeride decks with the Rice leaning freestyle and the Goat Freeride. My issue was with the WW on the rice.

- diode is the stiffest binding I've ever ridden and I do really like them for free ride.
- The response is off the charts, they are ultra light, comfortable and the straps are cush.
- Damp as well.
- No idea if Burton has changed the tech, but the Forward Lean adjustment is horrid.
- There is no flad to quick adjust the lean on the mountain. You have to adjust the highbacks with a screwdriver by aligning the highback.
- When I first got the bindings, I had the lean set up way too aggressive and had to make an adjustment in a storm at Heavenly -- it took like 10-15 minutes.
- I haven't had to adjust them since, so this is a good binding for those who don't play with the lean(I don't)

Favorite binding all time is the Burton CO2(RIP)-- They are on the BG.
I had cartels on it briefly and they were a little soft.
Rode the TRICE with CO2's

Good luck.
BFBF is offline   Reply With Quote