Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Religion Debunked.
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 12:08 AM   #318 (permalink)
SnowOwl
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
I actually thought you were joking...

If you believe that a higher power (i.e. god, allah, etc.) created the universe, but don't believe in a specific organized religion, that makes you a creationist which is still a religious belief!

We may be talking semantics here but saying god and religion aren't the same thing is like saying a car and an engine aren't the same thing. You're right but it's an integral part of the larger item, and generally useless without it's framework.
I was mainly referring to the text that I quoted. He went from making remarks about Jesus to saying it reflected his belief in God. Too often I see people making comparisons between not believing in religion, and not believing in God. Jesus himself did not believe in an established religion. It becomes frustrating that people lose their belief in "God" because a series of people's practices seem arrogant to them. It just doesn't add up to me.

i'll post this, maybe most of you have seen it; But it has multiple legitimate points and gives some serious perspective:

Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus || Spoken Word - YouTube