Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Visiting Banff early Dec!
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 10:32 AM   #18 (permalink)
roremc
Veteran Member

For the guys above, if you are getting bored at Sunshine you are riding in the wrong places.

faridk89. I would start out at Sunshine to get your legs. Hit up WaWa chair first. Very mellow. The green run off it is flat the blues are very mellow. Depending on snow conditions as it is early season I would head to Goats Eye next. Harder blues but still mellow but much longer. The blacks are hard there. Be careful as some of them cliff out.

From there head to Divide chair. If you get a sunny day the top of the chair has amazing views! loosely follow the lines under the chair. If you go way left you will end up in flat spots. Also at the top of the Divide chair is Delirium Dive. It won't be open but you should be able to hike up (3 mins) and check it out. In there is where most of the Crazy stuff is at Sunshine. Usually it doesn't get good until Feb/Mar and you need a beacon. One look and you will want to come back!
Standish is another chair that could be an option. I think its shit TBH but the punters seem to love it.

At the Lake it will depend on what is open. If it is sunny and there has been snow just head out the to the back bowls. Try the blues out here as the blacks may be a bit rocky still. Larch chair is also great. and if its has been a really good start to the season the steep tree runs here are awesome! Not sure of your dates exactly but if the world cup is still on at Lake Louise make sure you check that out. I know its skiing but when you see them putting hot water on the run to make it even icier you know they are going to go fast!

if you have any q's feel free to ask.