Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Visiting Banff early Dec!
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 11:12 AM   #20 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replay View Post
I would say that I prefer Sunshine over Louise. Although Louise has its fair share of bowls and trees, I feel that at Sunshine, it feels much more wide open. The runs are not as narrow and it feels like there's a lot more freedom to shred creatively.

And the snow is good too
Welcome to the forum!

And that folks, is precisely why I DON'T like sunshine as much. I prefer the bowls of Fernie because there are tons of trees and shit in the way. Same thing with Lake Louise.

Some people prefer open spaces, some people prefer tighter technical runs. I find trees increase my depth perception and also they add contrast to the surrounding area so I can see the snow better. (try boarding on a wide run at the end of the day with the sun going down, in the middle it may be tough to see, get near the trees and all the features in the snow will pop out)

So nobody's right/wrong here. I think we're all in agreement here that in the Banff area, Sunshine and Lake Louise are where it's at.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote