Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Religion Debunked.
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 01:10 PM   #329 (permalink)
SnowOwl
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by biocmp View Post
The guy in the video rhymes about things. As far as meaning, it was vapid. I'm sure he means well but he needs to think a little harder.

If I just hand you a book and say, "this is everything you need to know. Don't worry about the authors or when it was written, or how it was edited and don't worry about what the people thought about this author at the time he wrote this. And don't worry about how people viewed this book since it was released. Also, the publishing company made the final decisions about content because there were so many submissions. Best of luck."

This point provides power for atheists/agnostics and people who adhere to a strict framework for their religion. But it cuts the legs out from under those people who want to kind of believe, who want to believe Eckhart Tolle, that we are all apart of the God-consciousness, or televangelists like Joel Olsteen.

Best of luck.
Welcome the wonderful world of debating religion and the rest of this conversation. I'm having trouble understanding your point though, I understand where you're coming from..but so what?