Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Ran my first Triathlon...
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 03:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Default Ran my first Triathlon...

Well as the title says, not sure what came over me this summer but I signed up to do a sprint distance triathlon in September. The Sprint I did is a 750m swim, 20 km bike, and 5 km run.

I trained mildly but basically went into the race blind. Rode on my full suspension mountain bike, ran in hiking shoes (they're what I trained in and actually not bad for jogging).

The main thing is I had a BLAST during the race! I panicked a bit in the water, so I think some swim lessons are in order, but other than that it was a great race! Everybody was supportive of each other, saying "good job" and "keep it up" along the final leg of the run.

Anybody else done any tri's? I'm not going to get crazy into them but I'll probably do a few sprint distances next year and possibly an olympic distance if I feel up for it (1.5k swim, 40 k bike, and 10 k run, which is about 1/4 the distance of a full ironman triathlon)

Total time was 1:46 and change. Swim was really slow at 23 min, 50 mins on the bike, and the run was 26 mins...
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote