Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Best ankle straps
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
geolemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
In answer to the OP here, I will compare more closely the burton restricted asym strap to the strap on my k2 Uprises in the coming weeks, but the hinge on the k2 ankle straps should never go unmentioned, and should be stolen somehow by everyone. That feature is simple as fuck and money.
I actually checked out the K2 Hurrithanes at a local Dicks in the mall while I was wandering the other day - I did think they looked like a damn comfy bindng, I even took one down and stepped into it. Looked packed with features for a super cheap price... the ones I checked out were only $140.
A local shop carries K2, so I may just take another look at them.

I've been hesitant to really look at K2's mainly because I have Ride bindings now, and I've been disappointed by their comfort and the one buckle plastic cracked... I don't mean that as an unfair generalization, but rather disappointment doesn't (and I don't believe ever should) lead someone to being a repeat customer... and their relationship makes me suspect. It's even unclear to me which brand is positioned to be the higher end.
...My engine grenading twice while under warranty won't likely lead me to buy another Hyundai, even thought they've supposedly improved and improved and improved since. Same thought, it's principles.
geolemon is offline   Reply With Quote