Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Off Season GoPro thread
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 05:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
HoboMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_z View Post
This was contour footie from way back in like April maybe... The Countour has basically been a piece of shit for me on a mountain bike I think it just jars it too much and the battery goes loose and it turns off. Didn't have much luck with the gopro, either... helmet was too shaky and despite a few different attempts I couldn't dial in the right perspective/angle on the chest strap and all the footage is just staring down at the top-tube or my crotch or the handlebars.

For mountain biking any mount attached to the bike is gonna be kinda shitty, there is just too much shock. I've gotten some great helmet cam footage with my Contour even on a hard-tail bike, part of the key was making sure the helmet was very tight around my head (and therefor did not rattle). Noticed a big difference between footage shot with a semi-loose and tight helmet.

I've got a road bike and mountain bike edit I'll share once I get them uploaded to youtube.