Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Arapahoe Basin tommorow at 9:00am
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
budderbear

Was pretty sweet! I showed up casually late (got drunk the night before), and toked a quick B before headed towards the huge line. I hopped in the singles line, since well... I'm single lol. Turns out I made the right choice because it was a bit quicker then the regular line, only about 20-30 minutes.

I was scared my first run would suck and I would eat shit, but turns out snowboarding is like riding bike if not better. There was a little powder from last nights storm & the continuous snowmaking. I saw a few people hitting ice patches and eating shit but I just kept an eye out for powder spots and hop carved the ice parts and didn't fall once the whole time (6 runs). I played frogger most the day which was actually sort of fun .

I've only done 2 180's and 1 360 in my life before today. I've been visualizing all summer how to do them (helps me). Well the beginning of the run is sorta flat and hard to get speed on, so I just started hucking my body around just like I pictured and almost right away I was doing 1's and 3's (to get momentum going, hardly ever wax my rock board).

Overall It was a sweet day, and I'm stoked for the season to really get rolling.

Last edited by budderbear; 10-17-2012 at 07:37 PM.
budderbear is offline   Reply With Quote