Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Flux RK30 2013
Thread: Flux RK30 2013
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 07:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
geolemon

Default Flux RK30 2013

Since I decided not to gamble on rear-entry tech that isn't mature yet (decided I've been riding too long and want to prioritize feel), I've been led to Flux by some friends and specifically the RK30's... although the DS30's looked intriguing too. Sounds like Flux is best-in-breed as far as comfort goes.
I have to say, the urethane highback on the RK30's intrigues me most.

But an online shop had last year's DS30's on sale for $160 (retail is $260ish), so I pulled the trigger... unfortunately they screwed up and were out of stock (even though it didn't show out of stock until I completed the transaction, paypal, got a receipt, etc).

I called them up and they were cool though - they apologized, spent a good 20 or 30 minutes with me on the phone, really conveying how the bindings felt in use, compared to each other, etc...
...and offered to knock 10% off any current binding they had. The RK30's are actually less expensive than the DS30's at any rate.

So I want to know - he offered he could sell me the RK30's for just under $190... that's still up pretty close to $200, probably will be with shipping (but no tax).

So how does that compare to Flux prices by you?
What do you think of RK30's as almost-$200 bindings?
geolemon is offline   Reply With Quote