Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Hey Mike here!
Thread: Hey Mike here!
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 09:58 AM   #13 (permalink)
MikeCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytard View Post
2 things

First, if Burton boots fit on the small side. Maybe you'll get lucky & fit into an 11, cause it has the footprint of a 10.

Secondly, if those were the boots you tried on, they are ladies boots.
So that 11 is really a 10.

Why didn't anybody catch that?

TT
Where does it show it's a ladies boot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyD27 View Post
I have the Vans Aura Dual Boa's and I haven't had a single issue with them. I find them to be absolutely comfortable. I never have to readjust the tightness once I get them locked in. I've never had a line snap, bind or have retraction or disengaging problems. I think it's all in the fitting process. Boots do not fit like normal shoe's nor do you try to fit them in a straight up standing position. Put the boot on, tap your heel to the floor few times to ensure your heel is set in the heel cup then get into your snowboarding stance. this is the position where you want your boots to feel comfortable. If your fitting snowboard boots standing straight up they are going to feel tight as the natural design of the boot pushes your foot forward in the boot when you stand straight up, as soon as you bend your knee and extend you hips your foot is drawn back into the heel cup giving you the necessary space needed in the toe box. Your toes should just touch the ends of the inner, removable liner and not be overly tight to where your toes a feeling smushed nor should they feel sloppy loose. I truly believe that fitment is key with getting the most out of your boots. P.S. Don't pick a boot solely on brand. Try on lots of boot brands pick the one that best fits you.
I just wanted to get an idea on the fit I will be trying some more on soon.
MikeCL is offline   Reply With Quote