Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - where to go.
Thread: where to go.
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 12:59 PM   #18 (permalink)
almostheaven

I have never been to seven springs so I cant compare directly but Ill talk a little about Snowshoe..

As far as snow is concerned its all about the season. The average snow fall is about 180 inches a year. Three years ago we had 225 inches but last year only about 90. With that said Snowshoe is very good at making snow so only one run wasnt open.

There is decent night riding available in the Silver Creek section. Four or five actual runs and then last year there were small medium and large terrain parks open at Silver Creek.

If you are on the mtn its nice because everything slopes/food/bars are all within walking distance or if you dont want to walk shuttles run until 12? on weekdays and until like 2? on weekends.

I would say Snowshoe is definitely not as big as the resorts in VT and maybe even a little smaller then 7 springs but it is definitely a cool resort for the east coast.

As far as the best time to come, try to avoid the weeks around Christmas and New Years, and MLK and Presidents day weekends. If its an even half way decent winter for snowfall everything should be opened up by January. If you can come midweek you will have virtually no lift lines.

Feel free to ask any other questions.

Last edited by almostheaven; 10-18-2012 at 01:02 PM.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote