Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New Gear!
Thread: New Gear!
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 09:29 AM   #76 (permalink)
Basti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neliz View Post
Had a second look at their boards too, and it seems like an awesome board. Which models do you own, and would you care to give a small review on them? And what's your view on the Asym sidecut? I don't really understand what it does and how it makes the board "better", so it would be great if you could explain it!
Asym sidecut means that the heel edge has a deeper sidecut than the toe edge. It is supposed to help with heelside turns because your pressure points (meaning your heels) are closer together than your toes because of the stance you have on your board. Some people say you can't really feel that but what matters is that it doesn't make your ride worse.

I own a Pick your Line and a Great Boobs of History and I love them both. As I said, for your small feet I believe YES is the best way to go. Super solid boards, playful and a forgiving camber profile. If I were you I'd try to get a Trouble or maybe a TDF if you want it a bit more aggressive (super narrow camber board). If you need more in-depth reviews, please check thegoodride.com or similar review sites.
Basti is offline   Reply With Quote