Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone take Energy/Supplements?
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
SnowOwl
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerider View Post
It sounded like you were referring to Energy drinks (the other people replying to the post seemed to draw the same conclusions). My point was, if you need a stimulant stronger than a cup of coffee (35 mg of caffeine) then you probably needed more sleep/rest the night before.

That being said... for supplements in general. I do like Sportslegs (helps with lactic acid burn) and Recovery-ease (lessens muscle soreness after workout). Neither of those are stimulants and neither will actually help you ride... they just let you ride longer and not feel so beat up the next day.
I realize that, which is why I said "I could have been more in depth" lol. But what you listed works. Nitric Oxide isn't considered a stimulant, and that is usually my main go to. It gives you energy(both explosive and endurance) and mental focus, and it's considered a supplement because your body actually produces it. I'm looking for things along those lines. But stimulants do count, and I agree, they aren't good for you. I'm aware of how they work, and effect your body since I'm a personal trainer. Just looking to see what the snowboard community does!
SnowOwl is offline   Reply With Quote