Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Anybody looking to lose some Body fat?
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 12:50 PM   #67 (permalink)
Clarion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrocleland View Post
Have a look at insanity workout. Best cardio I've ever done.
Insanity is a good workout but it's not for everybody and it depends what your goals are. It does have a little strength training but not nearly enough to bulk up.

I did it for the cardio but didn't lose much weight but using weight loss as a measure for working out is poor. Some muscles are more defined and flattened out my gut. I definitely got stronger because you do a lot of push ups. I jump higher and have more hang time because you do a lot of jumping and core work. I'm much faster on the courts and I don't tire easily. Also, my recovery period is much shorter.

After the 60 days of Insanity this is what happened to me (35 year old male):
Weight - lost 11 lbs and then gained 3 lbs.
Blood Pressure - 135/89 down to 121/88
Heart Rate at Rest - 85 bpm to 64 bpm
Waist - 34 before and after
Beer belly - 36 to 34
Chest - 38 to 40
I did not go on their diet plan. I still ate whatever I want and still drank beer. Even had beer as my recovery drink (on the odd occasion) post workout because it tastes sooooo good.

However, I would not recommend Insanity to everyone. It will be rough on the knees so if you have knee problems, forget it. If you are starting from the couch position or overweight or 40 years and up, you better check with your doctor first because when you start the program your heart will feel like it's going to explode out of your chest and you don't want to die of a heart attack. It means getting a heart rate monitor and not going over what your doctor tells you because you can easily do so with this program. If you are not familiar with proper technique on exercises, do it with someone who does because they don't explain much in the video. You need an experienced partner to show you what you are doing wrong; people tend to "think" they are doing correctly when they really are not.

Last edited by Clarion; 10-19-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Clarion is offline   Reply With Quote