Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Who is interested in a West Coast Meet?
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 03:56 PM   #144 (permalink)
mixie
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz View Post
I am pretty sure Mammoth has plenty of high speed quads. You've been bamboozled...
yeah, I should have called that photo "waiting for the top to open"
there are tons of quads and a gondola. I usually don't have time for pix when Im riding those.

I figured that my sarcasm would be detected, as....well, it is know as a pretty good resort....anyway, I don't mind the slower chairs cos it gets you to some good tree runs that a lot of people don't know about or don't want to trek to. The backside can be a bit of a journey to get to/from if you're based out of main lodge. But it's well worth it on a powder day because not many people venture back there.

Id rather stay back there then fight the supercool broskis at the top for pow, esp on the weekends. I also assumed that anyone considering going to mammoth would you know, look at the trail map or something. anyway...I wasn't trying to bamboozle anyone.

tyler, keep planning your thing. someone asked if there were cheaper ways and I said yes but to ask in another thread. I am sure your meet up will be awesome but it IS pricey. Im not trying to steal people from your meet up, but rather encourage others who might want to visit mammoth during some other time.

I am always looking for peeps to ride with, I know the area really well and am always happy to hook people up when I can. Im not trying to be negative about your meet up, I sweeeeeeeeear! And I will mostly like be there anyway, as I don't work in the spring and spend most of those months riding. The last two years I've pretty much lived in Mammoth for the month of May.

Last edited by mixie; 10-19-2012 at 03:59 PM.
mixie is offline   Reply With Quote