Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Who is interested in a West Coast Meet?
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 05:11 PM   #147 (permalink)
mixie
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz View Post
The town of June is pretty close right? Since June mountain is not going to be running the lodging operators around there are probably going to be pretty desperate to book their accommodations. I bet you can get some screaming deals there. You might even find lift ticket deals for Mammoth through them. If they are not in a pissing match with Mammoth over the whole June debacle.
its a bit of a drive. 25 or so miles. it would really, really suck with chains. if it's not snowing you're good. but you never know.

June employee housing was in Mammoth and there was a shuttle between the two. Non employees could ride for 15 bux round trip. So it meant getting up super early to catch the bus and then sitting on the bus with lifties. I've taken the bus from mammoth to june in a storm. Riding a bus with chains is GOOD TIMES!

I have a feeling bus service is going to be discontinued this season With AWD it won't be bad but gas is currently 4.79 a gallon in LA. Im sure it's even more in the sierras.

Last edited by mixie; 10-19-2012 at 05:19 PM.
mixie is offline   Reply With Quote