Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Fuck Apple.
Thread: Fuck Apple.
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 11:39 PM   #75 (permalink)
linvillegorge
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikeswithdogs View Post
Marketing and "friendly" ease of use "it just works" is key

I think it's also worth mentioning that not all Android phones are created equal, you have the Samsung phones running the latest version of Android which are incredible and "superior" to iPhone in many many many ways(even if those things\ways aren't compelling to me personally) and then you have cheap\free knock offs crap contract phones with total shit unreliable hardware that probably do more to hurt Android than anything, Apple doesn't have to fight this battle(they control the hardware) so having a more consistent "user experience" is allot easier for them to achieve which keeps the sheep coming back for more "Apple" when it's time for a new phone........also for some reason I see people keeping their old apple phones forever cracked\broken screen and all.....

I expect with the Motorola aquisistion(fuck you and fuck spelling and grammar) Google\Android will be in the same boat as Apple with hardware standardization and overall user experience in 2-3 years, I clearly like my iPhone and Apple TV combined functionality but eventually the tide will change unless apple does some serious new innovations and quits purposely holding features back that other manufactures are already providing with the latest high end Android phones.
This is a legit point. It's the positive and negative of an open source OS.

Early on especially, Android was plagued by marginal hardware. But, Google is going to kill Motorola. They just bought them for the patents. They have no long-term interest in hardware manufacturing. They're laying off people within Motorola left and right. They're just trying to trim the fat so they can sell off the hardware manufacturing arm and just keep the treasure trove of patents.