Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Colleges near resorts anywhere??

5K views 35 replies 24 participants last post by  katieleigh970 
#1 ·
i'm lookin for any type of college as close as possible to any resort??
Hav any ideas???

#7 · (Edited)
Mn does sound stupid for a snowboard destination(Its not the rockys duh).

But, for a college student who wants to ride a lot affordably, Duluth is hard to beat. You could ride spirit every day for CHEAP! college passes are $110 with no limits.

There is also both Mont du lac (which has a great park) and chester bowl right in town. And tons of urban shit if your into that. Plus Lutsen is only an hour and a half drive, and Mt.bohemia is 4.

Besides Umd you have st.scholasitca, university wisconsin superior, and lake superior college. All of which are pretty good schools.

Otherwise Montana state would be good, you might want to look at Michigan tech too.

thats my 2 cents

#5 ·
I go to Boise State University and I'm 30 minutes from the nearest resort that's actually pretty fun. 2 hours from Sun Valley, Brundage, and Tamarack Resorts, 5-6 hours from Jackson Hole, Grand Targhee, and Park City, the list goes on.

There's University of Utah in SLC.
Portland State University is pretty close to Mt. Hood.
Western Washington is near Mt. Baker.
There are OSU and UO Satellite Campuses in Bend, OR near Mt. Bachelor.
University Nevada - Reno is near Tahoe.

Take your pick.

#20 ·
There's a lot of options out there. In addition to the above, there's UC Merced and Fresno State near China Peak and Badger Pass (also probaby 4/5 hours from Tahoe). Utah State also in SLC. Northern Arizona in Flagstaff right next to Arizona Sun Bowl. Cerro Coso Community College in Mammoth Lakes (5 min bus ride to lifts).

There's a ton of options. I'd say find what you want to study and I'm sure there's probably a school near a resort. Some of these schools also have snow study majors, if you're into weather, snow, avalanche studies.

#24 ·
UVM is in a cool town with some great riding less than 2 hours away. An hour away you have Stowe, Smuggs and Bush. Bolton Valley even closer. Hour and a half to Jay. Hour and a half across the lake to Whiteface.

If you are smart and rich you could go to Middlebury and you then have your own Mountain with the Snow Bowl.. Bush an hour away and Stowe and hour and a half.

#35 ·
yea its not like they are gonna drink all the beer....
I'm kidding haha. I want to move to salt lake, and everyone asks why, then adds something about Mormons. And I dot get what the big deal is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.