Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Outerwear Help Please
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 11:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Rookie09

686 is one of the better brands as far as performance and durability go. I have a pair of their Smarty Cargo pants and they're sick! they have a 15k/15k rating. You should look for something with this good of rating or better if possible. Gore-tex is the best if you can get that but it's really expensive. I can't speak of Burton personally but I've heard they make some good outerwear, especially their higher end stuff.

Jackets you don't need quite as high of a waterproof rating. Just get something that has the features you want, style you want, and good durability.

I don't have much experience with different types of gloves but I got a pair of Dakine Cobra's last year and I absolutely love them! My hands only got cold on the coldest days and I wore them without a liner so if you wear a liner you'll be fine. Also, water never got in. The only dampness they ever got was sweat but still not much. They have leather palms also which is nice.
Rookie09 is offline   Reply With Quote