Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Introduce you the World's First Custom Made SB Boots
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 12:56 PM   #25 (permalink)
tdn
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

That's great.

However the point that I think you're missing is that snowboarding boots are an essential part to riding, which is why TRYING on boots, many boots, before buying to find one that fits you like a glove is very important. It's hard for us to do that with your company, because it doesn't seem like there's a way for anyone to TRY yours on before buying.

You should consider mailing out insert or something to have customers mold their feet to, then ship them back to you. From there you'll allow them to customize their boots around that mold. Those would be true custom boots, instead, you're offering boots with a custom design and stiffness. I understand what I suggest would cost some serious money for boots, but I think you'd have a more sustainable market. I for one would be interested in boots made exactly for my feet, and would be willing to pay a reasonable premium for boots like that, assuming they were also made well.

Then again, I haven't checked out your prices, but if reasonable, I'm sure you can find plenty of people who haven't got a clue that would love to have their own graphics on snowboarding boots. I just don't think you'd find that market on this forum. The people who post regularly here tend to be reasonably informed.

Last edited by tdn; 10-21-2012 at 01:02 PM.
tdn is offline   Reply With Quote