Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Outerwear Help Please
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 10:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
Lamps
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMountains View Post
Hey guys,

Need pants, jacket and gloves. Looking around all day and completely at a loss. Read the outerwear guide and I think I understand about the waterproof/breathability stuff. Yet I don't know the numbers I should look for.

I plan to ride basically evrything from local Ontario groomers to Rockies in Alberta to the resorts in BC. Should I be looking for something like 10k/10k? 15k/15k? GORE-TEX? I'm not a pro rider, I'm a couple of seasons in and am reasonably comfortable on a board. I want to ride more and improve.

Also, what are some go-to brands for outerwear? I seem to gravitate toward Burton and Volcom. Are these good choices? What are some other good ones?

Thank you very much. You'll be helping me out lots. Cheers.
If budget allows go goretex. I ride mostly ontario, plus a couple BC trips per year and also recommend a shell jacket plus layers rather than an insulated jacket. Shells are really the way to go out west, and in Ontario the conditions are pretty variable so its still good to have the flexibility, you just need to have a couple warm layers for when it's intensely cold.

Personally I prefer Burton AK but Volcom's zip to jacket interface is a very nice feature.
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote