Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bro Issue
Thread: Bro Issue
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 11:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Casual
Veteran Member

Default Bro Issue

I want to get some input here. I've been with my GF for two years now and we go on snowboarding trips together in the winter, I really enjoy it but I have had to slow down a lot, I can take off on my own and shes fine with it but I don't do it to often. I used to ride with my good friend but the last few years hes been drifting, having his own issues and doesnt seem to appeciate that my life has been getting really good. He invited me on a week long trip in feb but I said I don't wanna leave my girl behind, he said theres 4 other dudes coming so I would have to bunk with one of them that I don't really know. Most are single/divorced pr in not very serious relationships, they like to smoke and drink which are things I've been quiting and slowing down on (which has made my life better). Anyways I said I'm not coming unless I can bring here, even igf we get our own room. I'm getting slammed by my good friend, "i guess no more trips unless wifey comes?" and wow dude guess wifey rules and boys take a back seat" to which I replied I guess so if thats how you want to see it.

What do you guys think? Am I wrong for not wanting to leave my girl behind and go with a bunch of party animals? I'm not 20 anymore - I have done these trips... I wanna go in the hotub with my girl after a good day of riding. I enjoy going away with her, not getting away from her.
Casual is offline   Reply With Quote