Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Looking to buy a truck/SUV
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 07:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Skinny Bam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeBack_Kid View Post
LOL this is such a teenage guy thread. Your criteria is pretty close to what I had in mind when I was 17 and had just moved to Tahoe.

Being serious, It doesn't honestly sound like you have a budget to accommodate everything you want, and getting a truck or SUV would stretch your budget further.

4runners and Land Cruisers are GREAT vehicles (I've owned both) but gas gets expensive quick.

Also, rule out Jeeps. The Jeep crowd LOVE their vehicles and will tell you all day how "bulletproof" they are, but that's not going to help you if you get one and find out just how much goes wrong with them, and that that they need maintenance all the time. Skip Jeeps, especially if you don't have the money, time, or patience for constant repairs.

Honestly, you should probably get a Subaru Forester or Outback and call it a day. Reliable, solid, good MPG, all-wheel-drive, decent ground clearance, and a solid winter vehicle. The speakers/audio components are easily upgraded (though they will never be great unless you get a whole new system) and while they aren't "sick and sporty", let's face it: $10k is not going to get you anything that's REALLY "sick and sporty", especially with all of the criteria you mentioned.
I never said they were bulletproof, no such thing. But like I said Ive owned 3 and as long as you do basic maintenance they are very reliable. EVERY car is going to need repairs here and there especially ones with 100k plus miles, Jeeps are easy to fix and parts are readily available and cheap. Im talking about the Grand Cherokees btw not the Wranglers...
Skinny Bam is offline   Reply With Quote