Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Boot advice
Thread: Boot advice
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 07:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
WVrider84

Congrats on the weight loss!

I am a part time instructor (taking this season off), where do you teach at? I am pretty sold on the DC judge (over 80 days in the last 2 seasons). They have the best heel hold of any boot I have tried on (The liner harness is integrated to the shell and the liners are great). They have a minimal footprint - if you compare them side by side they match both salomon and burtons footprint (which are supposed to be reduced) and they were smaller than the ride boots footprint. I have skinny ankles and a wide forefoot. They fit me better than the other boots I have tried (I have tried vans aura, k2 mayasis, ride insano, burton imperial, burton grail, salomon f22, and dc ceptor). They have the dual zone boa which i really like as the metal wires dont loosen as you ride all day. They have a different dual boa design which enables more ankle flex. The downside in my opinion is they are kinda stiff until you break them in. I like the broken in feel (slightly softer) as I think it enables more dorsiflexion in the ankle joint. I have the 2011s, and only bought the 2012s as I was able to fit into an entire size smaller size comfortably (I went from size 11 (2011 model which still fit great) to size 10 in the 2012 model). Obviously you should try on some boots in person to see what fits your foot. Just my 2 cents.
WVrider84 is offline   Reply With Quote