Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Longer boards for riding pow?
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 07:59 PM   #19 (permalink)
Supra
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusanagi View Post
oops I thought the powder no fish was a regular board.

normally I ride a salomon 156pulse. but I am getting a new board for riding wide off-piste slopes like in Chamonix or Verbier and all of them are above the tree line. So instead of maneuverability I should consider more on speed and stability? Thus getting a longer board at 159/160cm?

Would the 164Rome Notch Swallow Tailed one be good for my weight/height and the type of terrain i'm riding?
I wont be riding switch nor going to the parks with this board, and 10% of the time will be on groomers to access the off-piste area.
I hope you're going to take precautions if you're doing off-piste in those areas.
If I were you I would get a Rossignol Experience. Other choices would be the jones flagship or hovercraft, or the ride berzerker. Stiff boards with nose rocker to help with pow. Riding above the tree line won't be all wide open bowls where a long swallowtail would rule. You're going to find boilerplate icy wind scoured ridges where edgehold could be the difference between life and death.
Supra is offline   Reply With Quote