Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Looking to buy a truck/SUV
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 09:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
linvillegorge
Veteran Member

The thing with Jeeps is that they tend to either be the greatest vehicle you'll ever own or a complete piece of shit. There doesn't seem to be many in between and the latter seem to outnumber the former.

My '97 TJ has been fantastic. It has never left me stranded once in the 11 years I've owned it, but then again, I only used it as a daily driver for about 5 years. The last 6 it has only seen about 2500 miles per year, but I do beat the holy hell out of that thing.

On the flip side, my wife had an '04 Grand Cherokee and it was the opposite story. Total piece of shit. It would've broke us if it wasn't under warranty. We traded it in just before the warranty expired on it. I pity the fool who ended up with that thing with no warranty.