Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Park City lawsuit
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 09:23 PM   #19 (permalink)
jdang307
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Sometimes I hate our pseudo democracy. I most certainly did not vote to do so, but my vote does not count against a sea of greed and idiocy. We also happen to have the most corrupt, corporatist Supreme Court in the history of the Republic.
Still think so after Obamacare was upheld? I know you wrote this back in March.

By the way, Supreme Court did not rule corporations are people. They ruled corporations have 1st amendment rights. Huge difference. Corporations cannot vote or donate to campaigns. Two things "people" can do. OH snap, this is not the PoFo, so I'll get back on topic.

Quote:
In the early 2000′s United Park repeatedly and categorically told the Utah State Tax Commission that PCMR’s Leases would not expire until 2051 and that PCMR had the right to occupy the property until then. Based on these statements, the Tax Commission reduced the assessed value of the property by more than two-thirds. Having enjoyed the benefit of reduced property taxes resulting from these representations, UPCM and Talisker shouldn’t be allowed to change their position now.
I know the lawsuit will hinge on more than this one fact, but if true, this is one point PCMR can argue for estoppel. Detrimental reliance.

I plan to visit Canyons and PCMR this coming year. Don't think it'll affect those plans in anyway though.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote