Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Black pants, or black jacket?
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 11:39 AM   #11 (permalink)
mixie
Veteran Member

black pants are so SO SO boring. My first season I rocked black pants and a brown jacket and I was just ZzzzZZzzz over it.

Of course you can always add some flair with funky face masks, scarves, gloves, beanies and goggles. Sometimes I wear all black but have bright purple boots. Then I'll add a really obnoxious facemask and goggle strap.

Outside of that are other neutral colors. Try gray or brown pants instead. Or try to pick a main color to build your snow wardrobe around. I have a very heavy jacket that is a blue, brown and orange plaid. So I buy things in solids I know will match that jacket. I also have a light weight shell that's a bright turquoise, again it matches the 'theme' of the wardrobe.

the other thing to consider about matching solids is keeping the intensity of the color the same. Any pastel will really go with any pastel. Same goes for jewel tones or neons.
You know, neon green goes with hunter orange or chromakey blue. But neon green looks flat out wrong with a pastel blue.

Black tends to suck the color out of other things it's around. It's really best to NOT use black in an all solid outfit. Brown, black or navy is less harsh. Also, don't mix black with a print unless the print has black. It looks wrong.

Last edited by mixie; 10-24-2012 at 11:58 AM.
mixie is offline   Reply With Quote