Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Rome Targa vs Burton Cartel?
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 02:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Spyrothedragon9

[QUOTE=BigmountainVMD;530616]2013 Cartels are supposedly softer than in years past, the it still has its "7" flex rating as it always has.

If you KNOW you are carving a lot now and will focus on only that --> get a stiff binding, 7 or higher on the 1-9 flex scale. If you want to do anything else and keep on working on jumps/try to diversify your riding style, get something on the mid-stiff side, like the Genesis (6). Problem with super stiff bindings on jumps is the slightest miscalculation in posture/body movement can make your take-off all wonky since the bindings are so responsive. Same goes for stiff boots.

Your setup is very similar to the one I was planning on buying. I am definitely getting ion boots and I was leaning towards the cartel bindings. For the board I'm stuck between the Travis rice and the never summer heritage. Your riding style is very similar to mine as well. Have you tried the heritage?
Spyrothedragon9 is offline   Reply With Quote