Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Rome Targa vs Burton Cartel?
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 02:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
BigmountainVMD
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I have not tried the NS Heritage. I own a NS Proto CT and that's what I do most of my riding on since, due to the crap last season, I've been in the park a bunch more. I only ride the T. Rice on days where there is no park and I know I'll be riding groomers ALL DAY or when there is a big dump and I want to shred pow or hit some cliffs or steeps.

The Proto carves pretty good for a blunt tipped park (jump) oriented board. If you think you may be getting more in to jumps, I would recommend the NS SL over the Heritage. The Heritage and T. Rice are good for bigger jumps, and are designed with big backcountry booters in mind, but if you are just getting in to jumps, the SL will make takeoffs and landings easier/smoother and will keep you just as happy in the carving department.

NS has great damping in its boards, so I find you can generally go a bit softer flex wise with their line. This meaning that if you want something in the 7ish flex range (like the T. Rice) you want a stable board for speed/carving. The NS damping is great at speed, so if you want to jump more, then go with something a bit more flexible, like the SL.

In addition, I really dislike the T. Rice in the trees. Since it is so stiff and longer than my Proto by 4.5 cm, it can be a pain to turn in the trees/moguls. The least couple cm love to catch on everything. The shorter and more flexible Proto is much easier to ride in the trees, another reason I tend to ride that board more.

Last edited by BigmountainVMD; 10-24-2012 at 02:04 PM.
BigmountainVMD is offline   Reply With Quote