Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What sports do you do when there isn't any snow?
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 12:12 AM   #8 (permalink)
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
That's not a sport, that's a lifestyle.....
Yeah, I get that xD Forgive me this once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Smoking meth and fucking toothless hookers.
Sounds dirty. I'm hitting up Amsterdam next month, any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoracle View Post
I work out a lot, but thats not a real sport: Kenny Powers plays real sports - YouTube
I already hit the gym a couple of times a week, but it'd be good to get outside more

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARSENALFAN View Post
Fly fishing although I was skunked a heck of alot this year for some strange reason. I hope my snowboard season is better.
Never even considered fishing before. I guess I'm more into physical activity than relaxing pastimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigre View Post
Depending on where I've lived, I've been into hiking, backpacking, mountain biking, rock climbing, fishing, and kayaking. What's fun for me might not be for you. Maybe pick something that will keep your legs and core strong and improve your balance during the off-season. I'd say mountain biking or climbing would be good bets, but both can be expensive. Go hike up something steep in the meantime. Decent hiking boots can be gotten fairly cheaply, and you'll get to see some neat stuff. If you do backcountry riding at all, hike the same places you ride.
That's a pretty good idea. The UK doesn't have any backcountry (barely any places to snowboard at all) but there are lots of crappy ridges I could venture up. Sounds like a good plan to keep my legs strong. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Curling. Lots of Curling.
Another one I've never even considered. I mean I'm all for giving things a try, but it's not the sort of thing I'd usually consider doing
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote