Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

2012/2013 setup pics!

299K views 833 replies 288 participants last post by  SnowDragon 
#1 ·
Same old shit, different years and different shit. Just picked up my new Berzerker, Raiden Phantoms, and Northwave Decade sl's.
Attach a pic and share what u got!

Attachments

See less See more
#207 ·
d15: Since I live in Sweden it's hard to tell what they go for in US, but if I convert what I paid (inc. taxes and shippment) I paid about $320 (2100 Swedish Kronor). I got them within 3 workdays shipped from Holland to my front door in Sweden :) And I must say, I had no expectations what so ever but they feel really solid and I like them alot. Sold my last years Malavitas to a friend (I couldn't stand the gap that was created at the heel side when going toe side on the board due to the Re:flex system)

#208 ·
Well, here we go again. Another season and more new gear. When will I learn to stop :D

2013 Jones Carbon Flagship 163W
2013 Union Charger Bindings L/XL
2011 DC Status Boots Size 11 (not pictured)

#222 ·
Ok, here i go:

From left to right:
1. Salomon Lotus 151
2. Lib tech Attack Banana 161 Wide
3. Dynastar Defenitive 167 Wide
4. Rossignol Krypto Magtek 167
5. Never Summer Legacy-R 174 Wide
6. Prior 4WD 179
7. Donek Incline 180 WWide

Bold boards are mine, #6-7 for this season.

And two pairs of Ride CAD bindings for softies, one pair F2 Race titanium for alpine.
Two pairs of Salomon Malamutes and one deeluxe 325 for one who know what is it.

I'd take a shot with binders on, closer to season.

Attachments

#239 ·
Hype or what the fuck ever.

Jones Flagship Carbon 161
Now IPO - Medium

Can't wait to see how this rides.

So the regular width boards have the white base. I like it.

#253 ·
Paint

I went through some experimentation before getting it right.

I know you didnt ask about the process, just the paint, but i thought id elaborate

Sanded everything
used a white, plastic specific primer for about 4 layers
Acrylic paint, each color is a different brand, i cant remember them, for about 6 layers, light sanding in between each layer
then lastly, used an outdoor, weather/waterproof, flexible clear super gloss topcoat, for about 3 layers,

its completely water proof now,tested dumping water on it, with flex just in case the highback bends so it wont crack, and pretty strong, I tested it on brick wall and it barely scratched the topcoat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.