Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - properly mounting bindings
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 01:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
RockyMTNsteeze

Default properly mounting bindings

Last season or maybe it was the previous season I demoed a snowboard, it had radical zebra stripes. I demoed the board from a snowboard company.

When I mount bindings I am careful about it. I use a screwdriver and carefully put in each screw diagonally from each other. I never used any kind of power tool and was told I could ruin the inserts with a screwdriver. I don't force the the screws into the inserts. I worked in a shop years ago and customers would ruin the inserts occasionally when they mounted their bindings. I have not ruined my inserts and my bindings stay on my rough used board. My board has more days on it than in a year.

So should power tools be used to mount bindings? I was horrified at the demo tent, because they were super rough mounting my bindings with a power tool on their board. They were using power tools on everyone's shit. I was like, no don't do that when it was time to put the bindings back on my board. I did not want my inserts raped by drill bit. I don't want my bindings to become loose all the time. I can put them back on myself.

So is there a proper way to mount bindings? A shop I worked at told me to do it the way I do. You want them tight, but you don't want to force the screws in. Is it ok to use power tools? I don't think any of the other companies I have demoed from used them.
RockyMTNsteeze is offline   Reply With Quote