Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Looking at a new bike - Ninja 650 or SV 650
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 08:28 AM   #19 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
Yeah. I would never have a liter bike or any supersport. They just seem like constant frustration. They aren't made to be going UNDER 100mph. The funny thing about bikes is that an SV650 would be considered a slow bike by a lot of people but it is still almost as fast as a new Mustang GT500.
Oh the R1 was a joy to ride, I just would have enjoyed owning it in a country/province with much more lenient traffic/speed laws than Ontario!

Yeah, my FZ6 ran 12.0 flat 1/4 miles at the same track that I ran the R1. I played with a viper at a light one day and we were shooting the shit at the next light... He said the bike was fast, and I said it was a 600 sport touring bike.

There's just no comparison between cars and bikes, and I almost feel like my senses have been tainted. I bought a 300 RWHP MR2 Turbo after I sold my bike, and the thing was bloody fast, but it felt slow. A 2600 pound car with 300 RWHP is not slow!
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote