Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Rome Targa vs Burton Cartel?
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 09:37 AM   #13 (permalink)
BigmountainVMD
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra View Post
In 2013 the highback is essentially the same but has 3% more torsional flex than 2012.

and dude, how on earth can a binding be good for jumping and carving but not good for boxes and rails??? What exactly happens on a box? You ollie on and flex a press and ollie off. What's with the prophecy's that is deficient for this???
I should have noted that from what I heard, the Cartel highback is softer than last years model, but by how much I had no idea.

How can a binding be good for carving but not for boxes and rails? You should think that out a bit more. On the scale from flexible to stiff, a more flexible binding is better for rails/boxes, an intermediate flex is better for jumps and a stiff binding is better for carving. The Prophecy, in the year that I purchased them, had some lateral flex (longitudinal on the board axis) but less flex than the Malavitas. It was also relatively stiff heel to toe, which is why it was a good carving binding, and also good for jumps, but didn't have the OPTIMUM flexibility for rails. If it makes you feel better you can replace "not so hot for boxes and rails" with "not optimum for boxes and rails."
BigmountainVMD is offline   Reply With Quote