Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Wider Boots

3K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Sklarski 
#1 ·
My father is a die hard skier and has taken me skiing since before I could walk. Due to my extremely sensitive, wide feet, it has been difficult to stay a skier due to the discomfort of ski boots. I have tried nearly everything up to getting the widest boots out there with custom made souls inside the boots. Sadly, I still had the same problem of having excruciating pain in my feet with the feeling of nails going into the sides of them before going numb. :(

Over the past couple years, I have switched over to snowboarding; and am really starting to enjoy it as well :D. Although I am still not quite that good at it yet, my feet have felt a little better even in the rental boots. I am now looking to buy some boots and I was wondering what you guys would recommend?

My shoe size is a 11 2E, and I have not been able to find anything that fits me outside of the New Balance brand. I have been looking at the Salomon Synapse and was wondering what other recommandations you guys may have as well?

#8 ·
Yup!! At the risk of being less than "original"!! I have to Ditto the 32's! I'm a 10.5 EEE streets and my 32 ST Boa's are quite comfortable!!

My 32's may be getting a bit prematurely packed out so I bought a pair of Salomon Faction's at the end of last season. They also seem to accommodate my ultra wide Dogs nicely!! Haven't ridden with them yet. They seem a bit more "Snug" than the 32's but not cramped or uncomfortable! (...the "Snug" feeling might just be the diff. between new verses packed out boots!)

Take LOTS of time trying on & walking around in the boots you're considering! Regardless of everything else you read here concerning SB gear, equipment, technique, skills etc., NOTHING will effect your riding or progression more than the comfort of your boots!!!!

If you can't stand to stay "In" your boots for long, you will spend a lot less time on the slopes!! ;)

#10 ·
My west indian feet are moderately wide (E in sneakers). I wear a pair of K2 Ryker boots

#11 ·
Thanks for all of the recommendations and advise! I really appreciate it. I will look into all of these brands and hopefully finally find a boot that can help my extremely weak feet :D I look forward to finally getting back out on the slopes without all the unnecessary pain!!! Thanks again everyone for all the help! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.