Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Boogie down the Mountain

5K views 41 replies 11 participants last post by  poutanen 
#1 ·
Hey there!! My name is Jessica, and I have been snowboarding for 15+ years. I grew up in the Tahoe area and am very fortunate to have had many great experiences both on the mountain and off. I am making a trip to Whistler Blackcomb this winter to fulfill a dream I have had for a long time!

I have a blog about snowboarding and other amazing adventures, and would be honored if you took a look!

You can click here to see it:
4MinuteHero

Feel free to subscribe. With the snowboard season right around the corner, I will be updating with lots of fun and useful information.

Thanks, and I look forward to many enjoyable conversations on here with the Snowboarding Forums crew~!

Jessica

#7 ·
Poutanen, I gave you a full frontal shout out in my latest blog entry :)

Oh and I am ready for some laughs...and tears (from too much laughter...wait, never too much!)

So, what's everyone's all time favorite place to go ride?

My future favorite is Whistler, but so far Kirkwood has my heart. And my soul. The cave demons never let me leave their deep "smokey" hollows.

#9 ·
I was in Vancouver/Victoria BC in May and was going to check out Whistler/Blackcomb. Due to family matters I did not have a chance to the out the resort and travelling almost 18 hours on the plan from Australia to Canada I was really looking forward checking the resort out. I might fly there again this season or maybe Japan since it will be closer to Australia.

I envy you guys living in Canada/USA and Japan as the snow and mountains there are much better than here in Australia.

Our season ended a month ago and I got the blue...:(

#11 ·
I have alot of relatives whom live in Vancouver and Victoria B.C.

Might spend a few months there during the snow season....:)

Adjusting to the new place would takes some time, but it will work it. Just need to get a working visa and finding a job while I am there.

#15 ·
Anyone lives or been to Pemberton?

It is supposely 45 minutes drive to Whistler/Blackcomb.

My sister has a condo there and she said I can stay there if I wants to. Planning a Whistler trip, but I will probably need a car from Pemberton t Whistler unless there are decent transport to and from that area?

#20 ·
I won't lie, it is pretty awesome living here and being close to nearly any mountain I desire to explore. You have awesome waves down in Australia though! I would love to dive the Reef someday, maybe next summer.

Japan would be pretty awesome to visit for some riding too.

Ahoy Aminal, I was going to be Zombie Big Bird for Halloween, but I think I'm going to be AMiNal instead! Thanks for the inspiration. I'm also a drummer...do you like to bang on stuff?:D

#34 ·
thanks for the pic of Bon jovi!.Fuck yeah!!! He still looks smokin fucking hot after all these years. Unlike the rest of the pretty boys from those days, most of whom look horrifying!!!

I am hoping to hit up tahoe this winter. If so, maybe we can ride :D We can talk about our 4 minute hero ex boyfriends on the lift!

#37 ·
Also, I posted a review on my blog today of all the mountains in the Tahoe area that can be shredded with the Epic pass. I am really excited for the season, and if anyone needs discount tickets to a mountain here, let me know!
4 Minute Hero

#38 ·
Sweet! also, if you hit up mammoth let me know. I can hook you up with a bring a friend tic.

I actually planned like 4 trips to tahoe last year but the conditions were just never there to justify the drive :(

#39 ·
Awesome! I love Mammoth! I will probably be making a trip down there this season.

Yeah last year Tahoe was very dry until late February. I didn't think I would go at all last season, but the end was actually pretty decent and I got some good days in. The coverage was pretty pathetic though. We've already gotten quite a bit of snow this season, AND it's super cold, so I'm staying hopeful that it will be nothing short of fantastic!

Have you ever gone to any of the natural hot springs near Mammoth?

#41 ·
Tt?

Did TT ever return?

Does anyone have good ideas on the best places to visit when I go on my trip to Whistler/Blackcomb in February? I'm getting excited and want to further plan this!

Also, I updated my blog yesterday with some amazing mountains, both for climbing and shredding. Come check out the adventures, and if you know of some amazing mountains, please share :thumbsup:

4 Minute Hero

Hope everyone is having a fantastic day!
PS- The western states are about to get POUNDED with snow, wooohooo!! :cheeky4:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.