Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Help Lib Tech Attack banana vs Banana Magic
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 07:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
hktrdr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpforlife View Post
Hello everyone, this is my first time posting here although I have been reading posts for a while and have received some great advise so thanks.
To start here are my stats: first I am 250lbs, 5'10", size 11 Nike zoom force 1 boot. I am interested in the Lib Tech Attack Banana and the Banana Magic. Which board do you recommend for a beginner that is trying to learn carving, buildconfidence and progress on the entire mountain. Out of these three boards Which board will I be able to keep for a long time as I get better?
Also saw the Gnu Impossible Ass Pickle, has any rode this to compare.
Your help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

None are particularly good board for what you want to do. But out of the three the Attack Banana and the Impossible would be better than then Magic.
Attack Banana and Impossible are quite similar in shape and kind of the equivalents in the Lib-Tech and Gnu line, respectively. Impossible has different toe vs. heel sidecuts, more tech in construction and is more expensive than the Attack Banana, but they ride fairly similar.
The Magic is quite a different board, much more aimed at slashing through pow and backcountry. Can be quite squirrel-ly on groomers, especially at speed.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote