Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bestest Day Ever
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 11:46 AM   #14 (permalink)
turbospartan

I love the pictures with your dog (his name is Cody, isn't it?). You doing what you love, and him following what he loves (you).

My best day.... I don't know what year it was, but one of my best days ever was at Alpine Meadows about 10 years ago. We were somewhere in the back (looking at the map, it may have been the Scott chair) and there was NO ONE there. We were waist deep just riding the runs under that same lift all day long. Jumping off cliffs into the powder, etc.

Last year (being a shitty season) my best day was probably actually the day Breck closed. Again, no one was there (it was a Sunday) and Breck had gotten 8" overnight and it kept snowing. I had actually ridden there the day before too, and it was like 50+ degrees out, slushy snow, spring type day. Then the storm rolled through and I drove all the way back to Breck to hit it. Many face shots, even though there was low coverage at that point (couple of power turns had me scraping grass).
turbospartan is offline   Reply With Quote