Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Contemplating Stowe Season Pass - good deal?
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 02:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Wangta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post
How close are you to the mountain? Assuming 4.5 total months of being open (late november to early april), you'd have to go 4 to 5 times each month to break even. Basically every weekend.

That is a lot of snowboarding if you aren't very close to the slopes.

The question you should ask yourself is this:

Will you be more upset if you pay ~$200 extra over an entire season if you don't get the pass and go 23 or 24 times or would you be more upset if you pay $1653 and only ride 15 times?
Yeah that's the math I was doing. I live about two hours away, and while I plan to go often, I doubt I'll go exclusively to Stowe EVERY weekend. Maybe 90% of the time, with 10% for Jay Peak. But of all the weekends available, I can't imagine myself going more than 80% of the available weekends (need some rest and maybe a trip out west!).

So right there, it doesn't seem to add up? Season pass should be 300-400 cheaper in my opinion. I'd immediately purchase if it were $1200. No way in hell I'm paying $2000+ AFTER October 30. You crazy meng??
Wangta is offline   Reply With Quote