Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bestest Day Ever
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 05:23 PM   #18 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Oh man, so many years it's hard to remember...

- First time I boarded at Fernie about 12 years ago. Unfortunately I smoked a lot of pot for about 4 years after that amongst other things so I don't remember it at all...

- I had an amazing day with my old university riding group a couple years back at Jay Peak... Only time I've ever rode with a group of people all roughly my level. Was a blast!

- May 6, 2012 at Lake Louise, bottom of the mountain was slush, top of the gondola was solid ice, thought it was going to be shit. Headed to the top of the platter and found the powder that never melted and refroze! Was riding in 12" deep powder down 100% slopes in May!!!

- Dec 19th 2011, was puking snow out, we were heading for Lake Louise but decided the roads were too bad, turned off and went to Nakiska "just to take a couple runs and see how it is"... Turns out there was 8" of fresh at the bottom and over a foot at the top, played all day in perfect fresh powder! Fantastic!

It's so tough to pick one day though. I used to have a blast with my friend at blue mountain a few years ago... Another day I was at Fernie when they finally opened the bowls after a 4 foot dumping of snow, another day I did 87 km on snow at Lake Louise, how do you pick a bestest!?!
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote