Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - First kicker
Thread: First kicker
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 04:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Simply^Ride

Talking First kicker

Like the tittle says it, today I hit my first kicker. It was a small one but I pussied out , as soon as my board hit the kicker and left the water I let go of the rope. So of course I made it to the top with plenty of speed and landed on my ass in water it was pretty funny (although I did swallow water ).

The good thing is that a advance rider saw me and he told me I had it, but I fucked up by releasing the rope, next time I just need to keep my speed and knees bend. I was to scared of hitting it again, but I plan on doing it maybe Thursday without the fins.

By removing the fins I will have it easier to lift the board from the wake, but the turning part is going to be more difficult as I will loose grip. We will see how it goes.

It's a shame that I don't have any pictures as my riding buddy could not make it today either. I hope to get some pictures and videos soon enough, my mom is going to go not this coming week but the next one and she should be able to get plenty of shots.