Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Wondering about training for Balance?
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 11:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Frozen

I'm not a vet but I built a "balance board"? It's a good tool for balance and will improve your confidence when approching rails. Decent workout too. I wouldn't use it but if you workout at home then you might like it. Some people on here built it from lumber but I built mine cheaper. Either way is fine.

What i did was get a log, 4'-whatever' is fine. Then split some wedges (shims whatever) off another log and jam them under your log on both sides at either end. Done. Strap in and jump off and on. Try boardslides and noseslides (your not really sliding), pressing whatever. 180-270-360 on off. The shit is pretty fun especially for those of us with shorter seasons. Oh and it wont fuck your board up besides pretty small scratches on base. I don't give a fuck personally, but if you do you could staple old carpet to the log and I bet your base would be fine.

Last edited by Frozen; 10-27-2012 at 11:40 AM. Reason: deleted OP quote and reduced stupid from own post
Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote