Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - It's Official. Keystone is the biggest killer of them all.
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 09:09 PM   #26 (permalink)
RockyMTNsteeze

I bet Keystone's over board mountain safety does nothing to prevent the deaths. In the 7 seasons I have rode this mountain I have seen the traffic fences they put up get more stupid every year. They will put up traffic fences across runs that are suppose to slow people down. All these fences do is bottle neck the runs and force people closer together. Keeping a good distance from people is the best way to avoid a skier collision.

One season they put a fence across Spring Dipper early season on a steep section. It was so dangerous and icy. It was hard to get through there without nearly getting hit from people falling. People started to complain on their facebook page and the mountain removed the dangerous fence.

Last season they put up a bunch of stupid fences in the beginner park.

I hate no jumping signs. Keystone has a lot of them. They will normally have a yellow jacket standing around guarding the roller picking his butt or something. I think mountain watch would be more successful if they cruised around and looked for reckless people.

Beaver Creek is ridiculous with their mountain safety. They put up fake mountain watch dummies. It's like when the police park unmaned police cars to prevent speeding. If Keystone did this, the dummie would be naked and picked clean.

IT AINT EAZY BEIN STEEZY
RockyMTNsteeze is offline   Reply With Quote