Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - My car was just totaled - Advice on AWD Cars
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #21 (permalink)
NewbALewb

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodrat View Post
Don't give up on finding a Subaru. With winter tires they are an absolute blast to drive in the snow. As for worries about turbocharged version, as with any car, just keep up on the maintenance and it will keep loving you for many many miles. My 02 WRX had 230k miles when I sold it and I have since been in contact with the new owner and it is still running strong.

For the record, only the 02/03 WRXs came with catalytic converters in the up pipes. After that, Subaru changed the ECM tuning instead of putting a cat in the up pipe. And really, premium gas isn't that much more than regular.

This time around though I'm in the market for a Forester XT.
I'm not worried about buying a used turbo, but I dont think im going to get a used wrx. I'm about to buy a 07 legacy limited i think. I really do not need a turbo charged car; premium gas prices do not bother me at all, nor does the maintenance cost. I literally drive 12 miles round trip to work everyday, and i work 6 days a week, and I am a home body, so m cars rarely see a lot of miles. I test drove some stock, and some really crazy modded wrx's in the last few weeks, and I have to admit that they are just too fast for me lol. They are a lot of fun to drive, but 30 seconds of 100mph + heaven doesnt make up for the X amount of hours worked to pay those tickets. I like the turbo charged wagons, but i really dont need to worry about a expensive turbo dying, or taking out my engine. Im just extremely anal about what car i get, im one of those people who need months of research before making a decision. My main concern is keeping my payments low so that i can save more money, yet still getting something i really like.

You guys are the best, thank you for all of ur replies !
NewbALewb is offline   Reply With Quote