Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - First Time Poster-trying not to start a riot...
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
CovetFile

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
First Time Poster-trying not to start a riot...

First time poster, just stumbled upon this forum a couple of days ago and have found that most of you guys seem to be very knowledgable...at least to my unexperienced eye.

Okay...here is my problem. I have been riding since 1997, I am 31 going on 32 and don't have the energy nor the talent to play around in the park. So I am an "all mountain" rider that really just rides with his skier wife and skier in-laws, all of whom are great at skiing. I would say that I am an intermediate rider that stays on groomed blues/blacks-having to hit the moguls more than he would like but handles his own. When feeling saucy, hits up the backcountry and has a great time.

I primarily ride in Snowmass-in laws have a place there. Used to ride Vail, loved the back bowls and spent most of my time in Blue Sky and back bowls.

My setup is a 1999 155 Santa Cruz, the same year I bought some Burton Custom Boots and last year had to replace my burton bindings (broke on the mountain).

My plan this year is to get a great setup-money not being an option as I plan on riding quite a bit and using whatever I buy for the next 5 seasons or so...hey, my last setup lasted 13 years so that is pretty conservative.

I am 5'11" and a healthy 210, should be 190 and plan on being around 195 when I head up to Colorado in December.

Board- 2013 Lib Tech TRS Stealth 159 or 2013 NS Heritage 158

Bindings- 2013 Flow NX2-AT or 2013 GNU Mutant...purchased Cartels last year

Boots- 2012 Vans Aura fit me really well, picked up a pair yesterday for $199.99

Any and all advice is appreciated...I will sit back and listen. Thanks in advance!